Monday, February 22, 2010

Yeah! For Homeschooling....


I spent the weekend attending my fourth homeschooling conference. And really, I don't get tired of going. In fact, I suspect that as my children get older I may volunteer my time with these conferences. Perhaps even with my provincial homeschool organization.

My passion for the benefits of homeschooling rank second behind my solid belief in Biblical truths.

This year was doubly nice because my husband attended it with me for the first time. I got tired of coming home, inadequately trying to repeat some of what I had learned. I feel pretty confident that he may even attend another one at some point.

For me, the conference has become my camp meeting for homeschoolers. Like camp meeting every year, we get together with people of like precious faith and come home with a renewed energy and purpose.

I realize that not every homeschooling parent is "into" the conference. However, if you've never been to one, I encourage you to try it. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised.

No comments: