Saturday, April 24, 2010

All Kinds Of Stuff.....

Every day is a revelation for me.

My son would never make it in the public school system.

Although I am sure there are many kids just like him in public schools, I am just as sure they cannot be properly taught TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL or dealt with adequately. There are just too many kids.

I visualize him sitting at his desk, making faces at Suzie, sticking his tongue out Johnny. Jumping up and doing monkey dances. Cracking jokes.

The teacher would be sending me notes daily.

I really doubt that he would be reading at this point in a classroom setting. Not because I'm a great teacher, but because he has required much one-on-one diligence to keep his attention.

And they would try to put him on Ritalin. I'm positive of that.

--------------

Lately, besides playing ping pong in the hallway, my darlings have been into skating around the house. They put on the old fashioned knit slippers and use them to glide and twirl, jump and spin. They put on quite the performance.

Seth has also tried just recently to walk on water in the bathtub.

It didn't work.

His latest "new" word is obnoxious. He told me recently that Hannah was being rude to him. I asked him what he was being to Hannah. He thought about it a minute, then said, "obnoxious". Since then, everything is "rude and obnoxious". He cracks me up, because he really doesn't know what obnoxious means, but somewhere he heard "rude and obnoxious" together and just happens to use them at the right time.

------------------

Finally, I've recently been saying that Seth really should have been born into the Royal Family. If he can get anyone to "help" him or even do all of his work, he is supremely content.

Case in point. Just yesterday he told me that....

"When I get married, my wife is going to work and I'm going to stay home with the kids. Yup."

He's got it all figured out.

No comments: