Saturday, May 31, 2008

Song and Dance

Seth's version of I Wanna Be Washed, sung from the top of his lungs while in the tub:

Round One:

I wanna be washed in the blood of the Lamb,

I need a cleansing from the mountain.....

Round Two:

I don't wanna be washed in the blood of the Lamb,

I need a cleansing from the fountain....

Round Three:

I wanna be washed in the blood of the Lamb,

I don't need a cleansing from the fountain.....

I really wish I had this one on video. He was so earnest but just couldn't seem to get it right.

----------------------------


Hannah just called me into the bedroom. It's exactly 10:58 p.m. and she should be sleeping, but she is pondering the fact that tomorrow is Sunday and the Sunday School That Won't Be (referring to my recent Let It Go post). She has already tried once this week to manipulate me into letting her go with this terrible threat:

"Mom, what if dad decides to let me go to Sunday School anyway?"

She had me pretty scared.

She just now called me in to say:

"Mom, I don't think you realize it, but we learn about the Bible in Sunday School!"

Wow! Really? I replied:

"Hannah, I don't think you realize it, but we learn about the Bible upstairs, too. You'll have plenty of opportunity to learn about the Bible tomorrow."

You know, I really dislike it when people use sarcasm as their main language. But I must admit, there is a time and a place for it, and unfortunately those times and places are becoming more frequent for me as I get older.

This was a necessary sarcasm. Tomorrow will be interesting.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I tell you he is one character! Love it when they get the words all mixed up in a song. Made my day when I heard that story.

Amanda said...

Stand your ground, Mom...it might be tough but it will be worth it in the end!!!

Darla said...

Yes, Amanda, I really do have to stick to my guns. In doing that today, the kids couldn't have a cookie in Safeway, a sticker in Safeway, had to lie down in the afternoon, and Seth in particular had to go to bed without his bedtime story - all because of their "hearing deficit".

Thank you, once again, for stopping by my blog.

Amanda said...

Good for you, girl! I'll say some extra prayers for your "mommy-strength" :) Lord knows, I need that strength too!