Friday, May 21, 2010

Dear Diary

Dear Diary:

I have lived one full week with a bulging disc in my neck, and it's getting progressively worse. The only thing I can do to try to help it is by using ice, ibuprofen and a teeny, little stretch (maybe 1/4 of an inch) to the neck. I have to sleep at least half the night on the couch because it is the only place I can comfortably place the ice pack AND try to sleep at the same time.

This morning, diary, I had a very wonderful surprise. I was on the couch sleeping (finally) when Hannah and Seth ran out to me, already dressed (usually I have to prompt them because they can be slow to get going in the morning), AND finished their chores! As well, Hannah decided to make MY bed for me because "it's obvious that your neck is still bothering you mom if you're sleeping on the couch", she wisely concluded.

And so diary, in spite of my neck pain, I have to count my blessings in my two children. They started out the day trying to make my life easier. For that I am very thankful.

No comments: