Monday, January 25, 2010

Uno Champion

My daughter is crafty. My daughter is competitive, although *I have no clue how she ended up that way*. She loves games and is very good at them. Tonight she took on her dad and I in Uno and absolutely blew us out the back door.

I have been trying to teach her how to hold her cards to nobody can see them. She forgets at some point in every hand and the person sitting closest to her can have full view. Tonight I was sitting close to her and although I didn't intentionally look, there were times I could not help seeing what was in her hand. I knew she had a 4+ Wild Card. And I waited for her to play it. And waited. And waited.

Do you know that girl held on to it, even at times when both her dad and I were very low in cards, until the very end when she could play it as her last card and pin her dad with four extra cards? That is how she plays her Wild Cards almost all the time. She does not freak or panic, ever. Her dad and I treat her as an equal when we play, in any game, not as a child. She is just as bright as the best adult player.

Tonight she went to bed with a smile on her face. She was the Uno Champion of the family, beating the socks off her mom and dad. And although some of the game certainly can be held to chance, she deserved the win.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wizzle said...

Gonna hafta teach her how to play cheater Uno! ha ha ha