Friday, February 13, 2009

Off To Phoenix

Well, we're leaving tomorrow for a five day vacation to good old Phoenix. Dave's parents spend their winters there and we decided it was time to go. It's been an especially cold winter, so I'm really looking forward to warming up a bit.

I am not looking forward to flying, however. There is no such thing as minor incidences in the air and that does not bring me comfort. Of course, just today there was news of another horrible plane crash in Buffalo.

Chesley Sullenberger won't be flying my plane, unfortunately.

On a positive note, I am very proud of myself. Once we found out it cost $15.00 per checked in bag, I managed to pack everything for the kids and myself in ONE bag. When you're married to someone like Dave, you become creative, because to him $15.00 per bag is nothing to trifle with. We are allowed one carry-on bag per passenger, so he said he would carry four if need be (along with the laptop - !!). I will not spend five days in Phoenix with a dislocated shoulder because of carrying two carry-ons while holding onto my son's hand in the airport. However, we even managed to condense everything down to three carry-ons (plus the laptop). I'm sure I can carry one bag and my muscle-man can carry the other two and the laptop.

Anyway, I'm tired and going to bed. I won't be back in town until next Thursday.

Have a great week, everybody.

No comments: