Sunday, July 6, 2008

Intolerable! Socks!

The first thing that Seth does when he comes home from church is take off his socks. It doesn't matter how cold it is outside or in the house, he only tolerates them when necessary. I'm convinced his feet could be blue (our kitchen floor is cold in the winter time) and he still won't wear socks. Somehow he ended up with the same genetic predisposition as my nieces, Amanda and Melissa. They always abhorred anything on their feet and shed whatever they happen to be wearing immediately upon arrival home. I found this very amusing.

Anyway, after church Sunday night, the usual routine is to head to the bedroom to change into his pajamas. This requires intense supervision. Only occasionally will Seth actually do this on his own. He is able to, but it's much too lonely that way.

I was surprised tonight, therefore, that he ran to his room on his own. I changed out of my church clothes and still hadn't heard the usual, "mom, I need you", so when I checked his room, I chuckled at the pose in the above picture. My son will lay down and relax with his tie on (what man can lie down and relax without taking off his tie?) - but the socks? Intolerable! Apparently he was in no particular hurry for his snack either.

2 comments:

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BEST MOM'S I KNOW! ENJOY YOUR DAY, YOU DESERVE IT!

Rachel Peterson said...

What a dolly. That innocent face...lol...