Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dramatics At It's Finest

My boy is sick. Translated that means the world is ending.

He has a simple cold. It started with a sore throat and has gone full blown into his head. He has nasal congestion and is coughing because of constant post nasal drip. The problem is that neither of my children will BLOW THEIR NOSE. I am at a loss to understand why. They would rather NOT breathe through their nose then blow it. I have never met any other kids their age who do not blow their nose.

I'm pretty much tired of his whining.

This afternoon we were waiting in the car while Hannah was at her piano lesson. Seth whined.

And whined.

And whined.

I ignored. And ignored. And ignored. I am determined that even though he is sick, I will not give him more attention when he whines. I must break him out of that nasty habit once and for all.

Because I was ignoring him, he decided to try harder. He turned to me, and in all seriousness said:

"Mom, I'm pretty sure I have cancer." {bottom lip quivering for full effect}.

I'm glad he told me. At least I'll have time to prepare.

5 comments:

Rachel Peterson said...

When I first read the nose-blowing thing, I was like "Okay her kids are weird." Until I remembered I do the same thing. Oops. And they aren't the only kids on the face of the planet who do that. Haha

GT said...

Hilarious!

Extra snuggles and attention are in order for being so stinkin funny.

Maybe if you gave them a choice either you use that big ugly snot sucker syringe thing on them or they blow, maybe that would prompt them?

Rachel R said...

ha ha! I like GT's suggestion about blowing vs. nasal suction. Oh boy, Levi pitches a FIT if I stick that thing up his nose!

Speedy recovery, Seth!

Darla said...

I have actually tried that before ladies. I think it's time to try it again.......

Unknown said...

‘’Don't know if this helps but I had tonsil stones and awful bad breath. My friend told me to check Oraltech Labs as it helped him get rid of bad breath and his post nasal drip. I've been following Oraltech Labs advice for about 4 months now and I feel much better, also at work people are not avoiding me anymore so it seems to have cured my bad breath as well’’