Sunday, March 14, 2010

Joy In Tennessee

Seth has been in the habit lately of singing, at the top of his lungs, at any time of the day, anywhere. Sometimes it's in the kitchen, specifically to put on a performance. Often it's in his bedroom with his door closed, which is my favourite, because he has no idea that I am listening closely.

The thing I love the most is how many words he has no clue about, and hearing his version is side-splittingly funny.

Today, while his dad dozed on the couch, he decided it was time to wake him up. To do that, he treated him to a full volume, FREE, concert.

With his version of I've Got Joy Like A River:

I've got joy like a river
And it flows continuously

(AT FULL VOLUME)

I've got joy like a river
And and keeps on..........

(AT THIS POINT HE PAUSES, CONSIDERING THE WORDS)

...........in Tennessee!

I will never be able to sing this song again without thinking about the day that my son blessed the state of Tennessee.

No comments: