Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Date With My Princess

My daughter told me last night that she "desperately needed a day with just her mom". Feeling convicted that I had let too much time lapse since our last mother-daughter outing, I was only too happy to comply. So, tonight, we went on a date.

She primped to ready herself, all aflutter in her excitement.

"Mom, do you like my hair?" she asked, to which I told her she looked beautiful. She even got to use hairspray. (I don't like her using it much herself because it ends up in one big clump.) She posed for her daddy's approval, grabbed her purse and skipped out the door.

Very much my "grown-up-little-girl" all in one.

Not eating out much at all these days, we began the special evening by going to Wendy's. Hannah was doubly treated because she even got to have some pop! She is only allowed to have pop on the rare occasion, so she felt pretty grown up tonight.

We then went to Michaels (where I took my first picture below). She "oohed" and "aahed" at so many things, proclaiming Michaels to be the best store ever, and finally bought a couple of flowers that were on sale. She paid for them herself from money in her own purse. Life was good.


We then headed to Wal-Mart. She is going to use some of her hard-earned money to buy a birdhouse/bird feeder to put in the tree outside her window. She loves the birds and could sit and watch them out of her window for ages, so we decided we might as well extend the birds an invitation to stay awhile. However, we were unsuccessful finding what we were looking for, so that search will have to continue.

Our evening ended at Dairy Queen, with a shared treat for mother and daughter.



We had such a lovely time tonight. A true marvel, this girl of mine.

2 comments:

palmtreequeen1 said...

Isn't it such a blessing to have a daughter??! Cassidy's only request for her last birthday was that she wanted a day with just her and I. We had a simple outing, but I cherish every moment with my dolly :)

Darla said...

Yes, Deanna. I am blessed, especially because she has such simple desires that are easy to fulfill. However long that lasts, I'll be thankful.