Sunday, October 11, 2009

Seth Calvin and Tigger Hobbes


Once upon a time, there was a young, mischievous, funny, sly boy named Seth Calvin. Calvin's constant companion was a bright orange, striped cat named Tigger Hobbes.

Calvin and his best buddy did everything together. They played cowboys and indians, cops and robbers, knights and knaves. They rode trains and space ships and flew airplanes. They caused their babysitters grief and mom to pull her hair out.

They fought hard together and played hard together. But they loved each other. And whatever scraps they had, they usually made up.

One night mommy was tucking Calvin into bed. Calvin turned toward the wall where his ever faithful Hobbes was and threw him toward the foot of the bed.

"Why did you throw Hobbes?" asked mom.

"Cuz I'm tired of him bugging me when I'm trying to get to sleep," was Calvin's reply. "I'm tired of him not listening to me when I tell him to stop."

Stifling a chuckle, mom asked, "Aren't you always bugging him?"

"Nope. And I need to get to sleep."

And so ends a great friendship.

At least until the next great adventure.

2 comments:

Rachel Goff said...

Sounds familiar- insert Kyzer and Bear... and Waddles the duck... and Ellie Elephant.... and Franklin the turtle.... Gotta love it, though!! They have such great imaginations. I can only guess how boring our lives would be if our kids sat in front of a tv all day long. Thank God for imagination!!!

RG

Darla said...

Yes, thank God. I wouldn't trade my boy-full-of-personality for anything, Rachel.