Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cute Sayings From My Cutie-Pie

One of the things I regularly say to my kids is that they are my "favorite boy/girl in the whole world". In turn, they usually respond similarly, telling me that they "wouldn't want any other mommy" or that they had the "best mommy in the world".

A little while ago during breakfast, Seth told me, out of the blue, that he "wouldn't want any other mommy but me". Usually this discourse begins with me. This time it began with him.

I responded by saying, "I had the best boy in the whole world."

He answered with, "I wouldn't want anyone else but you. Or your husband."

Chuckling, I asked him who my husband was.

"Dave," he replied with a "duh" tone in his voice. He then said, "Actually mom, if you or your husband ever made me mad, I'd be ticked."

I laughed out loud to that, much to his delight. I honestly don't know where he comes up with these things.

On the way back home after being at camp meeting last week, when we were on the outskirts of the city, Seth informed us that we were on the inskirts of Regina (Hannah was trying to fool him that we were in Regina instead of Saskatoon).

Dave thought that was hilarious and wanted that one written down, and so I have. With a couple of others as well.

From my funny, little cutie-pie.

2 comments:

Rachel R said...

This one really made me laugh out loud. "Your husband". Ha ha ha! His imagination and thought process is DEFINITELY not lacking!

Laura said...

Rachel: Makes you wonder if the kid's brain ever shuts down! Seriously, he doesn't stop, you can see the cogs turning and the glint in his eye...little stinker!